Sunday, February 25, 2018

Tommy

Wanted to do an update on my Kyprolis drip maintenance plan.  Had my first Kyprolis drip last Tuesday, February 20th, starting my maintenance plan.  Took a bit to get my labs back and then my bilirubin was up.  1.7  And we know that anything over 1.5, the nurse has to call Dr. Sarriera's office to get approval to order the Kyprolis.  This seemed to take a bit also.  Finally got approval, Kyprolis ordered, drip started and done.  Went home for a bit and then to Sandy and Denny's for dinner.

Around 9:30 PM, I started to feel a little cold.  Had the fan on and figured it was that.  Then I started to shiver.  Just a gentle shiver.  This lasted about 1/2 hour.  Around 10 the shivers worsen so I decided to go to bed.  By then I was so cold.  I piled more blankets on the bed.  Dressed in very warm pjs and socks.  Crawled under the 4 blankets and the shiver got worse.  I was shivering so hard it hurt.  I have never had the shivers like this.  Started to get a bit scared so woke Bill up.  He was concerned too as to what was going on.  He rubbed my back and my arms till, even though I was shivering so hard, I feel asleep.  Around 2 we both were awake and the shivering had stopped.  We sure didn't have any ideas as to what caused this.

I emailed Desiree in the morning the details of what happened.  Also, that my sinuses were hurting and I had a dull headache.  She told Dr. Sarriera my situation.  He felt that I may have an infection somewhere.  Prescribed an antibiotic for 10 days.  Bill and I think it was some reaction to the Kyprolis even though I have been taking this drug for the last 6 months.  A reaction because this was the only med I took that day.  No steroids.  No 11 Cytoxan pills.  We will see this week.  My second drip of Kyprolis is Tuesday.  Let's hope Dr. Sarriera is right.

My cat Tommy is 14 years old this year.  He seems to be pretty healthy.  Although I think he is getting skinny and sure does sleep a lot.   Right now he is snuggled against me and sleeping.  He was a little mad because I have my laptop on my lap where he likes to lay.  Love my Tommy!!!

Quote:

Keep smiling and one day life will get tired of upsetting you.





No comments:

Post a Comment