Sunday, October 8, 2017

Got ya.

Just an update on my day 2 of week 1, cycle 2.  Was really in and out rather fast.  Took me right in to put in my lines for my Kyprolis drip.  And was sent back to my room as soon as they were done.  My oncology nurse was Mike.  Have had him before.  Pharmacy mixed my drugs right sent them to my room within about 15 minutes after we sat down.  Hooked me up and within 15 minutes I was done and dismissed.

Once we got home, I noticed the area around my port was a little bluish and looked swollen.  My port isn't completely flush with my chest but not raised a lot.  I watched it a bit and it seemed to be swelling more.  Decided to call the treatment center as I was getting bit anxious.  Talked with Maggie, the charge nurse.  She, of course, right away said if I wanted to come back in and be checked, please do.  She felt the way I was describing the looks of the area around my port that a capillary was probably hit when they were putting the lines in to my port.  We decide to watch it for the rest of the day and night.  Then I was to call in the morning.  I watched.  Swelling stopped.  Today, Sunday, it seems to be back to normal.  Will have them check it out on Tuesday.

Weekend was a little down.  Thursday I was super tired.  Friday and Saturday I had to push myself to move.  I did get out to the grocery store on Friday.  Well, after we had Triple A here to replace my car battery.  Was time I guess.  This Florida heat is hard on your cars so they say.  Seemed to not have a lot of energy.  Even took some naps.  :)  Figured some of it was the coming off the steroids.  Today, Sunday I felt the best I had all weekend.

Bill, once again, got in with some fire ants.  He is so careful but guess they seek him out.  Not as many bites this time but boy his ankles are swollen.  Especially the left one.  Was having trouble walking for a bit.  Doctor did you say?, not happening.  I tried.

Kristi, Matt, Sasha and Ellie (well, she came later) came over today for spaghetti.  Good spaghetti if I must say.  Once Ellie got here, we had a Carvel ice cream cake to celebrate Sasha's got ya day.  12 years ago today, Sasha made Kristi and Matt parents.  What a treasure this child is.

Cycle 2, week 2 starts Tuesday.  Plus I have an appointment on Tuesday to see Dr. Sarreria.  Hopefully all my labs are back.  Anxious to see if I am holding strong on the M-spike.  Want to hear that remission word!!!  Want to be able to start a maintenance plan that works.  Want to not have to run to the Cancer Center twice a week.  I know a have a few more cycles to get there but need to hear that we are working towards those things.

Quote:

Don't let it break you. No matter how hard things get, life goes on.




No comments:

Post a Comment