Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Love you, mom!  xoxo

Cycle 2, week 3, day 2 ends my cycle 2.  Makes sense right?  So I am done with another cycle.  Made it through 2 cycles which is so great.  Minor side effects from my chemo drip and chemo drugs and Dex.   Some rashes but nothing major.  Nothing that itches.  Just looks like I was out in the sun.  Some insomnia.  Hungry and could eat everything in sight.  Like at the homecoming parade tonight.  Not hungry.  Can't eat much, if anything.  Slight headache after day1 into morning of day 2.  Sweats that leave clothes soaked lasting day 1 and a bit in to day 2.  Then the fatigue sets in Fridays, Saturdays and part of Sundays.  Know pretty much what happens on my days after these first 2 cycles.  Off now for 13 days except for the Dex.  Nice break.

Yesterday when I had my lines put in my port for my normal labs and drip, I noticed the nurse was drawing more than three tubes of blood.  When I questioned her, she said she was doing the Multiple Myeloma follow up ordered by Dr. Sarriera.  I was talking to the aid and hadn't paid attention to what she was doing at first.  I told her that order was for three weeks from now.  She continued and didn't listen or recheck the order.  I contacted Ketty (she is filling in for Desiree) and I was correct, there wasn't to be another MM draw till 3 weeks.  Just didn't read the order correctly.  My own advocate.  I know my schedule of labs and no labs.

Today was really a fast day.  Was longer in the room to have my lines put in than in the drip room.  Till they got the lines in, I was assigned a room.  Got Bill from the waiting room and headed back to room 7.  My Kyprolis was already waiting for me.  Tammy (she is so nice) hooked me up and done with the drip, the flush of saline and Heparin and out of there.  See you in 13 days.

Love you, mom!  xoxo  This is something I will never get tired of seeing texted to me.  This time from my Kerri about 30 minutes ago.   Love you too Bear.

Quote:

Cancer can touch you, but not your soul, neither your thoughts, nor your heart.





1 comment: