Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Ruby and Rex!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news today.  Met with Dr. Sarriera before my chemo drip.  Walked out of his office with smiles on our faces, hope in our hearts, fear beat down some, knowing prayers  answered, just happy!!!  Dr. Sarriera review all my labs with us and they are great.  No, let me repeat, no measurable Myeloma present.  It's so minute.  So again I say, no measurable Myeloma present.  M-spike at 0.  No monoclonal bands detected (abnormal protein in my blood).  Free light chain (antibodies produce by normal plasma cells) ratio is at a perfect value.  My IgM, IgA and IgG all are low but that is cause by my chemo meds. (These are all types of antibodies in your blood).  Good, great, wonderful.  I did see one thing on my lab test that concerned me that I asked him about.  It was listed under a test called SPEP (Serum Protein Eletrophoresis).  This is a test that measures specific  proteins in the blood to help identify some diseases.  It was a test that said Protein Impression.  The comments stated Hypogammaglobulinemia.  What???  Dr. Sarriera was not concerned at all even though the previous two months the comment said "normal protein electrophoresis pattern.  He said that this is something because of my low IgM, IgA and IgG.  Again, low cause by my chemo meds.

I am due for my next set of immunizations soon.  Also, due for skeletal X-rays, mammogram, and ugh, 24 hour urine analysis.  All being scheduled soon.  He examined my head.  We feel no other lumps.  Know it's working.  Dr. Sarriera feels I will not get my hair back where the radiation treatment area was.  This is upsetting but a post for some other time.  This is a happy post.  Discussed my fatigue on Friday and Saturdays after my two days of chemo and Dex.  As long as a nap or two helps, it's normal.  Also discussed, he will keep me on this for 4 to 6 cycles with a follow up visit with him every four weeks along with the Myeloma lab draws results.  Once the cycles are done to his liking, he has a maintenance plan ready to start me on.  Maybe, he will say the word remission soon.

Dr. Sarriera congratulated us on great news, shook our hands and started to leave.  Then told me that he felt I looked good, reacting good to the plan.  Shook our hands again, ready to leave and talked about something else.  I genuinely think he was so happy to be able to give us such great news, he didn't want to leave.  Finally shook once more and left with a big smile on his face.  Leaving Bill and I with smiles too.

And then, in comes Abby with pictures and news of those babies.  Desiree and her husband's babies.  Ruby and Rex  (hope I spelled these right).  Gorgeous babies.  Loved the pictures.  And here is what Abby told us.  One weighed 7.5 lbs - 21 inches long and the other weighed almost 7 lbs - 21 inches long.  I am saying Rex was the heavier of the two.  Hope I got that right.  Can not imagine what their weight would have been if Desiree would have gone full term.  Oh my!!  Can't wait to talk to Desiree about them.  All four are doing good.

After seeing the pictures and hearing that Desiree and babies are okay, I remembered a quote that Kristi had (I think it was on a plaque) displayed during her adoption days.  So my quote tonight is dedicated to Desiree and husband (need to get his name).  Thanks Kristi.

Quote:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

8 comments:

  1. ❤️ You're going Great, mom! ❤️ Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! I'll send some hugs from us with that company you'll be getting soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news!! I'll send some hugs from us with that company you'll be getting soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This good day
    It is a gift from you.
    The world is turning in its place
    Because you made it to.
    I lift my voice
    To sing a song of praise
    On this good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news Aunt Kathy��

    ReplyDelete