Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Beautiful salad.

Was able to get to bed around 1 this morning and was up at 4:30.  Then fell asleep around 6:30 till around 7ish.  Been up since except of a half hour power nap around 3.  These steroids really have me wired like they do each week.   Today instead of getting the crock pot out to put my meatballs and spaghetti sauce in, I go the toaster out.  Had a sales clerk at Joann Fabric not listening to what I was saying and was ready to go off on her and Bill stepped in.  Probably a good thing.  Right now I am about as tired as, NOT!  Do have a bit of a rash this evening.  I had a glass of wine earlier so thinking that was what started it.  Drinking, of course, my water to flush it through my system.

So nice not having to plan our week around my Tuesday and Wednesday Cancer Center visits.  We were able to get some running done for a few things we needed without having to hurry before my visits or feeling sluggish and doing them after my visits.  But we know we have 4 to 6 more months of the Tuesday and Wednesday visits along with doctor appointment along the way either at the Cancer Center for me or our regular family doctor.  We just accept as such.

Mom is not coming now until Friday and will spend the night with us.  We are both craving crab legs.  But they are between 10.99 to 12.99 a pound.  Mom can eat about 3 lbs and me probably 2.  Bill isn't so crazy about them.  The cheapest we have found them since living in Florida has been $6.99 a lbs.  And that has been awhile.  Usually sale price is $8.99 per lbs.

We invited Michelle and Gery over for spaghetti tonight.  Gery made the salad for us.  And what a beautiful salad!   When I took the top off the pan there were onion circles, grated carrots, spices of some kind garnishing the top of the lettuce.  Wish I would have taken a picture.  Thanks Gery and Michelle for the salad and bread.  Most of all for the laughter we share!  Great impromptu dinner.

Quote:

Don't count the days, make the days count.

1 comment: