Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Water. Generator.

Today was day 1 of week 2 of cycle 1.  Got that?  I think I do now.  Think I messed it up in a previous post.  One more week of cycle 1 and I have a week off.  Well, still have to do the 10 Dex pills on Tuesday.  No relief from those steroids.  Tomorrow I get my Kyprolis and my Zometa.  Saves us from running to the Cancer Center again on Friday.

My appointment was at 9:30 this morning.  Not a morning person you know.  So we had to leave by 8:30.  Was a back up of traffic on Eagle Circle turning on to Red Bug.  Once we got through that, we had all green lights.  Bill said this is just too good to be true.  Well, he was right.  Once we got on Horatio, backed up for several miles to our turn on to 17/92.  And then a back up on 17/92 till we got past Lee Road that everyone wanted to turn on so they could hit I4.  I, of course, was very stressed.  I do not like to be late for anything.  You tell me to be there at 9:30, I like to be there by 9:15 at the latest.  Well, I do have to tell you that when I worked, I was to be there by 8 and was dragging myself in the door at 8 or a bit after.  That's another story.  ;)  Michelle was texting me to help me settle down some.  Thanks Michelle.  We got to the Cancer Center around 9:10, parked and was on the 5th floor treatment area at 9:15.

I was called back around 9:30 for my labs, vitals and my line placement in my port.  Didn't hurt as bad.  Still healing Kara said.  Lab nurse.  Went back to the waiting room to wait for my room to be ready.  Most times, we go right to the room once labs and placement is done.  Was to have Christina today in one of her rooms, 12-15.  Finally around 10:15 we were told by receptionist to go to room 9 only to find our Patrice was our oncology nurse again.  She was the one that we had last Tuesday; that long, long day.  She kept apologizing it was taking so long.  Really like her.  She even came over to our room on Wednesday to see how I was doing.

Patrice come in the room to say hi, ask some questions and say she hoped not to be as long today.  She kept her promise.  Patrice came back in and said my lab numbers were really good.  Even my bilirubin was really down.  Yippee.  No need to contact doctor.  Pharmacy was ready to mix my dosage and would be up soon.  Got the mix and started the drip of Kyprolis.  Finished that and did the saline drip.  Done and out around 11.

Had a low grade headache most of the afternoon and here tonight.  Also, had some aches in my left leg today.  Took the 11 Cyclophosphamide chemo pills around 9:30 PM.  So my 29 pills have been taken!!!

As you know, hurricane Irma may head our way.  Not 100% definite.  We are watching.  Mom is visiting Aunt Betts.  She would be very safe there BUT she on had one week of her meds with her because that's what the med techs gave her since she was only signing out for a week.  So we will need to go get her before all this.  Mom will be pretty safe in her assisted living facility because they are all set for hurricanes.  A lot safer there than here with me and Bill or at Kristi's.  And they have generators.

There is no water in site.  Gery finally found some at Home Depot, really, and bought us 5 cases today.  Bill and I have gassed up the car and plan to stop at Sam's and Publix tomorrow after my treatments and get some stuff to make chili to freeze, manwhich to freeze and maybe get some chicken.  We have plenty of charcoal.  Made a few plans with Michelle and Gery.  They have a generator.  None of those in site either.  We decided we are going to buy one in the winter this year.

Quote:

This is related to my journey.  Hurricane Irma is just a storm we pray doesn't happen.

Once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure that the storm is really over.  One thing is certain.  When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in.





No comments:

Post a Comment