Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Planes.

Today was my final day of cycle 1.  Yippee.  We really had a long wait today though.  Appointment was for 12:30 and never got done until around 3:30.  I think because of Irma, there were a lot of patients that had to be rescheduled.  Finally my oncology nurse, Stephanie, took me back to my room and placed my line in for my port in her room instead of waiting for the lab to do the placement.    My Kyprolis was already there.  She was super busy with two other patients so she tended to them first and then me.  Told her that was okay, we weren't in any rush.  When she took my vitals, I noticed my blood pressure was high.  I usually run 112 to about 128 (and it has been lower) over 62 ish.  Today it was 137/67.  Stephanie asked if I had blood pressure meds to take at home.  No, I do not take blood pressure meds.  She finally hooked me up for my drip which took all of 10 minutes, dripped in some saline taking another 5 minutes.  Cleaned my port with Heparin.  Removed my lines and done.

One of the main reason my blood pressure was up was caused in the waiting room.  There were these people we were seated near, room was full,  that were on their cell phones talking so loud it was infuriating. I threw some daggers but didn't help.  She just kept on.  Then this other couple was playing game on their phones.  Of course, they couldn't turn the volume down.  Bill was trying to read but he finally slam his book shut and slam in on the arm of the chair and when to a table where there was a puzzle to put together.  I sat there for a few more minutes, throwing daggers and saying out loud how rude.  Finally was able to find another seat open and moved.  I tell you what, I was ready to bitch slap someone or throw something at them.  Figured was better to move.  Oh, did I mentioned that I am on steroids?  Also, I was in bed around 12:30 last night and up at 4:30 this morning.  And I am still going.  Very tired but steroids will not let me sleep.  And it's11:30.  Count those hours of not sleeping.

I am having a mild rash again but it's like a sunburn.  No itching or hives.  This rash usually comes the last day of chemo and all those pills the day before.  I am not all that concerned about it since it happened two other times and a day or two it's gone.  Will watch it though.  And I am drinking tons of water to help flush it through.

Do not have to go back to the Cancer Center now for 14 days.  14 days if you count the weekends.  Will be nice not to have to worry about taking part of our days to go to the Center.  Glad to have a little break.  Talked about going somewhere but where?  Irma messed up a lot of the places we would have like to have gone to see.  Maybe next time I have a break we can go somewhere.

During Irma they closed the Orlando and the Sanford airports.  It was eerie not hearing the planes flying about us.  It still is one of my favorite Florida things to see and hear.  Last night I finally heard them and today saw and heard them.  Welcome back planes.

Quote:

Life always gives you a second chance.  It's called tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment