Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Honey, I hate to say this....

Awake at 6:30 but stayed in bed.  Laid there thinking.  Sometimes that's good and sometimes, not so good.  This morning was between the two.  I was thinking about everything.  Not in order of thoughts or events.  The first diagnosis, the days after the diagnosis,  waiting for treatment plans to work, meeting of Dr. Sarriera, Abby and Desiree, the transplant, the awful days after the transplant, Tampa, rashes and hives, fatigue, being frightened, doctors appointments, words we thought we would never know the meaning of, neuropathy, hair loss, Myeloma, Multiple Myeloma, our support group, lab results, radiation, treatment plans ditched, chemo, more chemo and more chemo.  Words we now know and situations we have made it through.  Words and situations we handle with our ups and downs.  Words and situations we sometimes control and sometimes not.  Words and situations that will continue on our Multiple Myeloma journey.

After my hour or so of thinking, I got up to begin my Cycle 2, day 1 of my treatment plan.  Which means the start of taking my 29 pills.  Got the first 15 done by the time to leave for my chemo drip of Kyprolis.  This included my 10 Dexamethasone.

The Cancer Center was not busy in the 5LP area today.  Was taken back within 5 minutes of checking in to get my lines put in my port and have my labs drawn to see how the Kyprolis drip will be mixed by the pharmacy.  Was sent right to my room (ha) as soon as that was done.  No waiting.  Collected Bill and back to room 2.  My nurse today was Jessica.  May have been a sign that she was not a happy nurse since her name was not posted on the door.   Because she was not a happy nurse.  Full of business person.  Questions and done.  Would let me know the progress of labs etc.  Did get me some cheese, crackers, grapes and yogurt.  And a warm blanket.  So snuggled up on my heated lounge chair wrapped in my warm blanket and waited.

About 45 minutes later, got the lab results back.  Hold put on the pharmacy mix.  My bilirubin was up again.  So needed to contact Dr. Sarriera to see if he wanted to continue, make the mix dosage lower, keep the same or not do the treatment.  Please don't say no treatment.  Dr. Sarriera so it was okay to keep the dosage the same (had lower last treatment because of the bilirubin results).  Pharmacy mixed and sent to up to 5LP.  Drip set up and done in 10 minutes, saline for a bit, lines removed and done.  Jessica still not a happy nurse.  Left the 5th floor and down to 2nd to see Desiree.

Desiree was just coming back for lunch.  She was smiling as she walked to us.  So glad we got to see each other.  Hugs.  Far away hugs because of the belly.  Today was her last day of work.  Has tomorrow at home.  Thursday, Desiree and her husband (sorry I forget his name) get to bring two precious babies in to their family.  One precious girl and one precious boy.  Names I won't say because not sure if Desiree has told everyone.  So happy for them.  Can't wait to see pictures but most of all, can't wait to hear Desiree and babies are doing well.  Desiree has been there so much for me for over a year and has become very special to me.  She looked really nice all dressed in black today.  Bill had to make her laugh, of course, and said - Honey, I hate to say this but black isn't very slimming on you.  To which she replied - This is my Ninja suit.  She loves Bill too.  Good luck, my friend, good luck!!!!  Will be in my prayers and thoughts.

Now, I wait to finish the last of my 29 pill day.  Only 11 more of the chemo pill, Cyclophosomide, to take and I will be done.  Will be taking them in about 1/2 hour.  Almost 10 now.  But will be up for awhile yet.  Steroids!  Yep, steroids!

Quote:

Cancer-an awful word we fear.  When we first hear it said to us and to the people we love, we finally realize all things that we never paid attention to before.






No comments:

Post a Comment