Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Irma or Jose!

Cycle 1, week 3, day 1.  One more day to go and I will have completed a whole cycle.  This was only done one other time when Dr. Sarriera was preparing me for my transplant.  And it was with the Cyclophosphamide (Cyclops) too.  When tomorrow is over, I will have next week off of my Kyprolis drip and the Cyclops.  Still take the Dexamethasone (steroids).  Bill is so happy about that.  ;)  But one complete cycle!!!!  One complete cycle!!!!

Abby came in to do a preview before I saw Dr. Sarriera.  We discussed my concerns over the immunizations that I have to take soon.  I read in my med literature that I should not be immunized while on any of three drugs I take,  Dex, Kyprolis or Cyclophosphamide without discussing with my doctor.  She explained which one I could and could not get.  Will review this again closer to the time. I, at the request of Dr. Henley our family doctor, requested any X-ray, Pet scan, MRI that would have been a full body scan.  These are needed for her, Dr. Henley, to view for a pain I have been having on my right side.  This pain has been there for years and is progressing getting worse.  I have had various scans of my right side while living in PA over the years but nothing was every found.  Abby was concerned too as the possible cause.  Will post once we know more in a week or two.  Something that I needed to post to help me remember.  Not a post to concern anyone including me.  We discussed 2nd opinions of my treatment for Myeloma.  Again, something to remember but not considering at this time.  Abby asked how I was feeling.  Told her pretty good.  Get the highs, lows, bitchy days, can't sleep, very tired from the steroids.  Just a mild, light rash from the Kyprolis.  Also, probably get the I have had enough, time to sleep from the chemo drip and chemo.  Told her it was nice to sit there talking about all this without crying my eyes out like the last two visits to their office.  Listened to my heart.   Then Abby worried about a small red spot on my chin.  Nothing.  Went to get Dr. Sarriera.

Dr. Sarriera came in smiling.  Shook my hand and looked around for Bill.  Said he had never seen me in one of his rooms without Bill.  Was all good.  Bill had to find a bathroom.  LOL.  He review pretty much what I talked to Abby about.  Was very happy with the results of my labs so far.  3 Myeloma tests to be back in the next 3 days.  Light chains and M-spike.  He examined my head.  Was so happy to see the lumps in the radiation field had all disappeared.  The one I had found 2 days before radiation was over and not in the radiation field is gone.  No other lumps felt anywhere on my head now and I am saying forever!!!  He feels the Myeloma labs are going to come back good as well. We discussed the 4 to 6 month of this treatment, 3 week on, 1 week off monitoring me with labs and seeing him every 4 weeks.  Then Dr. Sarreria's plan for maintenance after these 4 to 6 cycles will be continuing the Dex but decreasing the dosage gradually and continuing the Kyprolis but only once a week.  This is his plan at this time as long as the 4 to 6 cycles continue to be working.  And, again, this will be the plan from where I see it!!!  Ended with, nice to see your smiling face and a not a crying face!

Have I told you all lately that I love my team, Dr. Sarriera, Abby, Desiree, Jessica.  The guy that checks me out.  I need to get his name.  The ladies on 5LP where I get my chemo drips.  The oncology nurses who administer my drips.  Their assistants.  The lab draw individuals and their assistants.  Thomas and his valet parking team.  The pharmacists and the team that works there.  I am blessed to have all these and more in my court.  The "and more" is my family, friends, friends of friends, all you reading this, my Myeloma support group, neighbors all praying for me or sending me positive energy.  There to hear me through it all.  Been a long year and 3 months battling this, up and down, up and down.  I will get there, one day at a time.  One day at a time knowing my treatment is working.  One day at a time to thank God for being with me along my path.  One day at a time to smile because I have yet another one day.  One day at a time to cry if needed.  One day at a time to reflect on life in a whole different prospective.  One day at a time to sew and that's a big one day at time thing for me!!  One day at a time to have Bill as my wonderful care giver.  One day at a time! One day at a time!

Be right back.  Time to take the 11 Cyclophosphamide (Cyclops, chemo pill) to end my 29 pill popping day.  Done.  Glad I am not one who has problems with swallowing pills especially capsules. Done with those until week after next.

Want to end this with news of my beautiful, pregnant Desiree.  I am sure several of you want to know too.  Desiree was not in the office today.  She just was tired.  Can't imagine being so pregnant with twins, so close to her delivery date and have to deal with a hurricane.  Babies are still in tact but she needed to have a rest day.  She informed Abby that she will definitely be in on Wednesday.  I hope to be able to see Desiree at least once more before she delivers.  Her delivery date is schedule for Sept 28th.  Abby or Jessica told us today that once she hits 36 weeks, her doctor will not wait for the delivery date if she goes in to labor before then.  We actually ran in to Desiree last week and shared the elevator with her.  Of course Bill teased her and told her there was a weight limit on elevators.  We talked a bit.  We discussed the possibilities of where and when Irma will hit Florida.  And the possibility of her having the twins.  That ended with Desiree saying very strongly, "I will not name these babies Irma and Jose!"  Love my Desiree!!

Quote:

I am not a burden.  I have a burden which is too heavy to carry on my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment