Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sounds of the morning.

Was so nice to have some time off treatments, pills, running to the Cancer Center.  May not seem like a lot but to us it is.  We were able to breath a little.  In two days, we will be back to Cycle 2, Day 1. Only 5 more 3 week cycles to go.

My days from Thursday to today, Sunday, went okay.  I had a few days of being really tired but figured that was the steroid doing.  Friday I got mom for an overnight.  Took her to Walgreens, her bank, to get her nails done and then we got crab legs.  So yummy.  Saturday, we went to Stein Mart before I took her home.  She hasn't been shopping for awhile and decided she needed a new purse and wallet.

I try to get up and moving anywhere from 8 to 8:30.  But most times I lay in bed and listen to Bill in the kitchen getting my morning regiment together.  I hear the clinking of the frozen lemon dropping in the glass as he makes my lemon water.  I hear the pill bottles opening as he gets my morning pills together.  I hear the refrigerator opening as he gets out the fruit to make my morning bowl of fresh fruits.  I hear this almost every morning and I thank God for Bill.  My sounds of the morning.  This journey of mine would not have been so far along if I didn't have the support of Bill.  Together we have fought many battles and we know we have more to fight.  Together.

Quote:

Live each day with wings of faith and roots of hope.







3 comments:

  1. I'm so very thankful for Dad and him being by your side! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I sit here in Phila away from my home morning sounds and read your blog, it brings tears to my eyes, and yes I sm thankful and love Bill also for taking such great care of you...will see you in a few weeks and can't wait to hear you laugh, and catch up!!!

    ReplyDelete