Saturday, November 12, 2016

13 years and only 2!

Left the house around 9:15, got here at 11:30 only to find out my room wasn't ready until 1.  They told me by 12.  But anyway, all admitted as a patient.   Poked, prodded, signed papers, temperature taken several times, blood pressured several times, questions by the dozens.  So far everyone is great. Both my nurses today were named Michelle.  Now have Ann and Seanna.  PA was Jessica and doctor was Dr. Ayala.  I probably won't see Dr. Ocho, my transplant doctor. The transplant doctors take turns 2 weeks at a time to monitor patients.  This rotates, I think they said, every 4 weeks.

Dang feet are still killing me.  They seemed a little better at the beginning of the week too.  Nurse just came in with about 11 pills for me to take.  7 of those were steroids.  Yeah.  One for pain.  Yeah too.  Then she hooked me up to a bag of saline to get me ready for my chemo tonight.  Chemo is to start around 10 to 10:45 tonight and will drip for 45 minutes. Then I hope to sleep as I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.  Said side effects will show up in about 3 to 4 days.  Hair loss, 5 to 7.  Got my cute hats 🎩 with me and a few scarves.

Dr. Ayala was very upbeat about my transplant.  Said I was pretty healthy otherwise so feels it will go well. And he also mentioned the Multiple Myeloma that I have is the IGE, which is very rare.  Same as Dr. Ochoa had said.  Dr. Ayala said he had been here for 13 years and has only seen 2 other people that has had this type of Multiple Myeloma.  They did well with the transplant.  He also was amazed at the number of stem cells they collected from me.  Not sure how many they will put back yet.

Right now I am wrapped up in my prayer shawl Sandy sent me, covered up in my "autographed" quilt Nancy made me and my "World Kitchen" quilt made by Stephanie!   Bill is laying on his bed reading.  Would love to turn the lights out and say good night all.  Worse thing is the clock in this room has never been turned back.

Quote:

I have seen new sides of people who matter most to me in the world, wrap me in their love and lend me their strength when mine is running low!



2 comments: