Monday, November 14, 2016

Amenities!

 November 13th
Not a lot of sleep last night because of feet and some nausea.  Chemo was over around 11:30 PM last night.  About 45 minute drip with two 15 minute fluid drips before and after.  Room hot then cold.  Bill and I set and talked from 4 AM till around 6:30 AM.  He went looking for breakfast.  I walked, had breakfast, showered, saw the PA and doctor.   Things look good for the transplant.  I then started to throw up after they all left.  Ugh.  Gave me Adavan.   And about an hour later, I throw up again.  Gave me more Adavan.   Makes me sleepy.  Been that way all day.  Bill said I was snoring  through the Pittsburgh Steelers game.

So my hospital has very nice amenities.  Large room with a bed for me and a double sleeper sofa for Bill.  Nice lounge chair.    Large screen tv with select free movies, HBO, internet, my health portal.  My own private shower and bathroom is very nice   Bill has to use those in the hall.  Want something to eat, just call room service.  Not waiting around for your food to arrive off the food cart. Haven't had much appetite to try a lot.  Closets are fairly nice size.  Could have brought more clothes 😜

Today is November 14th.  My day zero.  My day of putting my baby cells back in that I harvested.  Those 9.35 million.  Not sure how many I will be getting back of them yet.  Then I will be on the way to recovery.  A long recovery but well worth it with little goals to meet.  Goals to help me score against Multiple Myeloma.  I am not sure if I will be blogging tonight or not.  Remember, as Louise always says, no news is good news!  They started my 2 hour pre fluid drip. Next at 11, they bring my stem cells in.  Takes about an hour.  Then will be have another 2 hour fluid drip.  Busy, busy day.  And so many pills.  Even have patch behind my ear for nausea.  Got my Wish, Dream pants Kristi and l found at kohls.  Ready to get this started and over with.  Whoa, 5 people just was in my room.  PA, Davila, my nurse Leslie, two strangers.  Also, saw the physical therapist and case manager.
Now it's 3 PM and I slept through the last 4 hours.  Nurse gave me Benedryl and a few other meds for nausea.  Boom I am out.  Only wake up every 15 minutes to get vitals taken.  They put back
 3.6 million stem cells.  Took about 45 minutes.  Just waiting for my fluid drip to stop.  Bill and Nurse smell cream of corn.  I can't smell it.   Part of the transplant they say.  The way I like sauerkraut, should smell like that.   Still very sleeepy.

Let's pray for a peaceful night for all of us to sleep and not worry about Multiple Myeloma.


Quote:

The perfect day - going to bed with a dream and waking up with a purpose !


3 comments:

  1. Sleep well, Sister and Brother-in-law. This will all be behind you sooner than you think. Love ya bunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You have gotten the greatest gift of all , life! For a second time.. I wish you peace, comfort, and health from here on in. Sleep well both of you. The both of you fight battles well together. Prayers always with you. I am so happy for you. Take time and take care of both of you. Sleep well💕🙏🏻👍

    ReplyDelete