Sunday, November 6, 2016

4   3   2   and 1 to go!

Bill and I have been seeing this couple since our class last week.  Then they were in the doctors waiting room each time I had appointments.  Now they are in the BMT treatment room where I am getting my Neupogin shots.  Every time we would see each other, we would say hi.  So today I asked him when his transplant is scheduled. Two days after mine.  He has Multiple Myeloma too.  See you tomorrow Mary and Eddie.

Injections of Neupogen so far has only produced one minor side effect.  And that is some spasms in my back.  They come and they go.  So 3 down and 1 to finish off this part of the treatment.  Hopefully these 4 injections will help produce the 4 million stem cells I need to do the transplant.   I need 2 million personally and they like to collect extra, freeze them in case I need down the road.  As we know, Multiple Myeloma is treatable but not curable.  Also, it will come back some day.

Tomorrow is a long day for us.  We have to be at Moffitt by 7:45 AM.  Labs first.  Then down a floor at 9 o'clock to get my Central Line/ Apheresis Catheter.  This will be inserted in to a large vein in my upper chest. It provides access to a major vein for collection of srems cells, blood samples, to receive fluids, nutrition, chemotherpy and medicines.  This procedure takes about 1 1/2 hours with some recovery time.  This will remain in my chest till my treatment is complete so about 30 plus days.  After that, we have an appointment at 3 with a PA.  Then at 4:45, we have a training class for the care of the catheter. Very important not to get wet.  We will be wrapping me with Press and Seal.  I am serious.  After that at 5, my last Neupogin shot.  Then we are done till the next day.  Which by the way starts at 8:15.  I am going to have to let these people know, once I am admitted, that I am not a morning person.  Think they will listen?  

Quote:

Hey cancer, thank you for making me stop and listen and remember what is important.  You can go now !!!  





4 comments: