Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Babies still in tact.

Didn't get to bed until about midnight last night and was up at 5.  Wide awake.  Laid in bed for about 2 hours and then finally got up.  I am saying go back to sleep and my body is saying that's not happening.  Around 10:30, I was done.  Fell asleep for about 45 minutes.  Time to get ready to go get my treatment.  Still tired but body said I wasn't.  So here I am at 10:45 PM, still wide awake.  Dang steroids.

Day 2 of Cycle 1 went by so smoothly you would think I was making stuff up yesterday.  Got there around 2:15, took the elevator up to the 5th floor, 5LP they called, signed in, sat time for 5 minutes and they were out to get me.  First thing was to put the lines in my port.  That still hurts a bit.  Not completely healed they say.  Gave me my room number.  Got Bill and off the room 2 this time.  Rhonda, my nurse, said my Kyprolis was already being mixed in the pharmacy.  Got settled in my heated chair, heated blanket on, feet up, got my iPad out, answered a few text, sent a few text.  And here comes Rhonda with my drip.  Plugged me in, took about 15 minutes, unplugged, plugged in the saline to flush my port, pulled the lines out and goodbye.

Rhonda did discuss my urinalysis tests from yesterday.  There was bacteria in the urine.  Drugs, picked up a bacteria somewhere.  So guess what, I get to take 2 more pills each day for the next 5.  Sulfur.  Have taken them many times before.  Patrice, my nurse from yesterday, stopped over to see how I was doing.  So far all the nurses I have had have been caring and ready to help you know matter what.  They have hard jobs watching their patients receiving drips, some for hours.  Great people at my Cancer Center.

I am done cycle 1, week 1.  Three more weeks to go and I will have completed the first cycle.  I pray I can get through without any set backs.  I want to read my blog from last year when I started Cyclophosphamide, AKA Cyclops.  I did see the other day, it was August 26th of last year but need to read more of the posts to see what side effects I had.  I know I had a rash but it was manageable.

Desiree was able to visit a bit with Bill and I today.  Babies still in tact she said.  I made her a tote for a gift.  Rolled some receiving blankets and put in the tote along with some Ghirardelli chocolates.  Told her the candies were for her husband.  But I don't think he's going to get them.  ;)  She really loved the tote.  I made it with blues, pinks, yellows, whites, polka dots, gray.  I wish I knew how to put a picture on here.  Told her when we were leaving that I probably wouldn't see her again since my appointment isn't until September 12th with Dr. Sarriera.  She walked away saying - oh I will be here.  And you know, I think she might.  I am not ready for Desiree not to be there.  But I know I will be left in good hands.  She has told all of them that I am her favorite and they have to take care of me.  So sweet.

Quote:

I don't know how my story will end but never with you see the words "I gave up."





No comments:

Post a Comment