Friday, August 18, 2017

Pennsylvania Tomatoes.

Today really went quick unlike yesterday at the Cancer Center.  I was taken back to the lab area to have the lines inserted in my port.  Hurt a little more than yesterday's stick.  Healing up nice they say.  Then back to room 17 for my IV drip of Kyprolis and Saline.  That took about another 45 minutes total.  My nurse in room 17 was Meredith.  Another friendly, caring nurse.

Kara was my lab nurse today.  She was the first nurse I met last year about this time when we were first doing the Rev and Velcade.  Yes, a little over a year ago.  A little year ago this all started.  A little over a year ago we thought we were going to beat this disease in a few months.  And now a year forwarded,  we are starting another battle to beat this disease.  Not with Rev, Velcade and Dex.  But with Pomalyst, Kyprolis and Dex.  This day was my second day.  I will take the Pomalyst for 21 days and then off 7, Kyprolis IV drip will be every Thursday and Friday for 3 weeks and then off 1, and the Dex every 7 days with no time off.  This will be the pattern for the next 4 to 6 months.  Probably more likely 6 months as this relapse of Myeloma I am experiencing is so aggressive.  We are praying this time it is going to work.  This time the lumps on my head will go away and whatever is showing in my blood work again will go back to being unmeasurable.  This time!!!

I am back to saying I want to hear that word I have waited to hear for over a year.  REMISSION!  Kathy, you are in REMISSION!  Not sure how Dr. Sarriera in his nice foreign voice will pronounce the word REMISSION but I want to hear him say it.  And I want it to last for quite a while.  I want to be one of those Multiple Myeloma patient that has 10 - 20 years added to their lives.

Tonight we picked up Sandy and Denny at Sanford Airport for a weeks stay in nice, sunny, rainy and humid Florida.  Took them to the grocery store and then to their condo.  Denny brought an Amazon box out of his carryon luggage.  In the box were Pennsylvania tomatoes.  Yes, real Pennsylvania tomatoes.  And they traveled well.  Had one with our late dinner and was really good.  Rest we brought home.  I sent a picture of them to Kristi and Kerri.  Kristi hasn't made it here yet.  She said she was running down the road from her house in a red dress and high heels to get some of the tomatoes.

Quote:

Life is without meaning.  You bring the meaning to it.  The meaning of life is whatever you want it to mean.  My meaning of life is being alive.




No comments:

Post a Comment