Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Ann!

Well, number 7 is done.  36 seconds from the time the zap started till it ended.  One long zap.  Please do not tell Dr. Nanda that I counted again.  Tomorrow will be number 8.  Then just two more to go.  Kicking cancer!!!  Kicking right out of me!!!  Kicking cancer.

I know, besides Dr. Nanda telling me not to count, he also told me not to be feeling my lumps.  Well, I must.  One thing I remembered today that he also told me was that the radiation treatment can make them swell some.  That's why till night time they always seems bigger.  In the morning, they are considerably smaller I think.  Not listening to my doctor am I?  No counting and no feeling.  Sorry, Dr. Nanda but I am counting and feeling.  LOL

Yesterday I got a card from an ole dear friend.  A World Kitchen friend.  A friend I so much missed when she retired.  A friend I shared a lot with.  A friend that was there for me.  A friend.  She was our nurse at World Kitchen when I started in 1993.  Ann.  My dear friend Ann.  I forget what year she retired but I know I missed her.  Last I saw her was at my first retirement dinner.  She said she almost didn't come.  So glad she did because we talked and talked.  I told her of our plans.  Our plans to sell our house and move to FL.  Our dream for several years.  She was so happy for me.  Sandy ran in to her not so long ago.  She asked right away if I got moved?  Sandy filled her in on my move and my health condition.  Her card, like a lot of others I have received, was very heartfelt, very caring, very loving.  Ann!

Quote:

Friends don't let friends fight cancer alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment