Sunday, July 2, 2017

Never get tired of!

Today I, once again, had my head shaved.  Did okay with it until I got up to put my turban on and looked in the mirror.  Tears flowed then.  My hair was really getting long.  About 2 inches I would say.  I know there was a lot of hair on my cape.  I didn't look on the floor because I didn't want to see it.  Then the mirror happened.  Was brave up till then.  Bravery went out the window.  But I don't have to be brave all the time.  I am entitled to a little "not so brave" for a bit.  This was one of those times.  Bill was right there with me through it again leaving me be "not so brave" and upset.  I know I am saving on shampoo.  I know I don't have to worry about washing and drying my hair every day.  I know I look like my Uncle Paul again.  I know it will grow back in.  I know I had to do this for the radiation treatments.  But, dang, it hurts.  Okay, everyone out there, I have had my little pity party for myself and my "no hair"!  But I think I deserve it.  And thanks for letting me express my feelings.

Tomorrow is my simulation tests, the making of my mask (I am not sure who I want it to look like), the Cat Scan of my head, the marking of my head for the radiation area (going to request XOXO), the nice feeling of my Ativan meds, the ride home and the get into bed that I won't remember.  Ha!  Will find out tomorrow when the actual radiation treatments start.  Tentatively, July 10th.

Right now I am listening to the rumble of Florida thunder.  I will say this over and over but I have never heard thunder like the Florida thunder.  It sounds like it's going to rip our roof off.  Flashlights and candles are always near by.

I had forgotten how cold my head gets without hair.  But I have my collection of hats for that.  I have a nice soft flannel one on now (thank you very much Sandy Domer).  This is one of the 3 favorite ones that I wore before to keep my head warm.  Is there such a thing as hot flashes of the head?  I do think there is because I am having them today.  Hat on, hat off, hat on, hat off.

My day ended with a ride to Jeremiah's for Gelati's with Michelle.  My choice right now is the
Scoop Froggy Frog.  A mix of mint chocolate chip Italian ice with vanilla ice cream.  Michelle said Jeremiah's is good for the soul.  I would say I agree.

Will soon be living in Florida for 2 years.  July 9th.  Do not regret this move one bit.  Yes, I do miss my family and friends but I love being close to Kristi, Matt, Sasha, Ellie, Mom.  May not see them for days but there if I want to see them.  (Wish my Kerri and family lived near too).  I will never get tired of the palm trees, the fluffy white clouds in the brilliant blue sky, hearing and seeing the planes flying above, the gorgeous crepe myrtles (need to get me one), the beautiful native plants and the Florida thunder.  

Quote:

Communicate.  Even when it's uncomfortable or uneasy.  One of the best ways to heal is to simply get everything out.

1 comment:

  1. Love your description of FL..fluffy white clouds the best!
    Hat on, Hat Off..reminds me of Wax on... Wax off..lol YOu can vent anytime you want that is also good for the soul, the spirit and everything in between! Love you BFF!!!

    ReplyDelete