Wednesday, July 19, 2017

So young.

Day 8.  And yes I counted again.  24 seconds.  Was getting a little anxious because Gabi wasn't there today.  Had a meeting.  So someone new to my case and it was taking a little longer to snap me in place and get the red lines angled on my head.  I just kept saying my prayers and knew I could lift my head if they didn't get me done soon.  Fortunately I didn't lift my head because that gets me in trouble.  Bill said it was probably no more than 10 minutes total but to me, it seemed like 1/2 hour.  Well, only 2 to go.  Gabi is back tomorrow.

Tonight Bill, Gery and I went to a fund raiser, Yappy Hour, for Poodle and Pooch.  Kristi is a part of this group.  Lots of food, beer, wine, raffles and silent auctions.  And lots of dogs.  And one lived up to the part, very Yappy all night.  LOL   I was really Yappy too when I won the gift certificated to Jeremiah's.  Michelle and I frequent that place quite often.  Gelati or their ice cream.  Yum!  Doing this took me away from my thoughts of cancer.  Doing this made me feel like my old self.  Maybe it was the gambling part of it.  ;)  Whatever it was, thank you Poodle and Pooch.

Today as we were waiting on our car at the Cancer Center, I noticed another couple that was waiting on their car standing near by.  She had a hat on covering her bald head.  They walked by us to take a seat in the waiting area and I saw her closer.  So young.  Probably in her early 20's.  So pretty.  Bill and I were both in awe.  The "why me" question popped in my head.  I know how I feel at times about my cancer at the age of 67.  I can't even imagine how she feels at such a young age.  I wanted to give her a hug but didn't want to invade her space.  Now as I write this, I wish I would have.  Makes you stop and think how lucky you really are, cancer or not, when you leave a Cancer Center.  I have seen lots of people with their cancers go in and out of this center but this one really touched me. If I ever see her again, I may just give her a hug.  Not sure if she needed one from me but I needed it for me.

Quote:

One smile can start a friendship.  One individual can change your life.










No comments:

Post a Comment