Friday, July 14, 2017

Krispy Kreme Jam!

Finally day 5 done.  "We're half way there. Oh, Oh  Living on a prayer. Take my hand and we'll make it I swear. Oh, oh  Living on a prayer."  That song popped in to my head as I finished my 5th treatment of 10.  Sung by Bin no I or Bob jobi or Bon Jovi according to a few text from Kerri.

I talked with the techs today regarding my 11 zaps today (I really thought I counted 12 yesterday).  They showed me the template that was made for me that is put in the machine to direct the electrons to my areas of cancer.  Very interesting.  One of my questions on Monday when I see Dr. Nanda is how does he know how much radiation to give me?

Once again, Krispy Kreme had traffic tied up on 17/92.  Cars in line to take advantage of their special today, buy one dozen at regular price and get one dozen for 80 cents.  When I say cars in line, I mean this line was down one side of a major highway causing both that lane and the other lane to move at a crawl.  This was for miles.  I can not believe there wasn't any person directing traffic.  Of course, why would I?  The free donut day was the same way with the traffic and no one seemed to care.  Well, I hope they made their quota for the day.  I didn't need their sugar fix.  I was hyped enough worrying I wasn't going to make my appointment time for my treatment.  I finally called and Gabi said to come on in.  They would take me even if I was late.  Well, actually I had 4 minutes to spare.

Funny thing about all this was I got a text then a phone call from Joanie on the way home.  We talked a bit and I started to complain to her about the traffic jam and the cause of it that we dealt with on the way to the Cancer Center.  She started to laugh and said, "That's funny because the last time we talked there was a traffic jam also cause by Krispy Kreme!"  I love phone calls from Joanie but I really don't like Krispy Kreme traffic jams.  Hope they are not one in the same.   Ha!  Love you Joanie.

Quote:

Believe you can and you will.





No comments:

Post a Comment