Friday, July 21, 2017

Solemnly swear.

The grand FINALE.  Day 10.  Last day of radiation treatments.  27 seconds today.  Yep, I counted again.  Now let's pray that these 10 treatments, no matter how many zaps or how many seconds, has killed all the cancer cells in the lumps on my skull.  The radiation as I have said before will continue to work for several weeks.  We will not have to travel to the Cancer Center now until August 3rd for my appointment with Dr. Sarriera.  We will discuss my plans for the future.  Future.  A word I have thought about a lot the last year.  And when my cancer came back so quickly, thought about it more each day.  Future.  I pray for a long future!

When Gabi came to get me for my treatment today, I asked for a picture with her and Josh.  I had my fight shirt on (thanks Sandy), my burgundy hat on and Gabi and Josh were my fight team.  I will try to see if I can put that picture on my blog.  Once my treatment was over, Gabi and Josh came in with clappers, a certificate and hugs.  We then walked down the hallway from the treatment room, clappers clapping, to a bell which I got to ring to signify I completed my treatments.  Bill and I had to laugh later because the waiting rooms (there are 2) are usually full of people.  Well today there was only one person in the one waiting room.  She clapped for me.  After I rang the bell, hugs were given again, there were a few tears and Bill and I were on our way out.  And I was given my mask.  Will try to get a picture of that on here too.

So Bill is taking the picture of Gabi, Josh and I.  He said to them - Raise your right hand.  Huh?   Bill in his very authoritative voice said again - Raise your right hand.  I am not kidding.   Quickly Gabi and Josh raised their right hands.  Bill then said - Repeat after me.  I do solemnly swear that all the cancer is gone from Kathy's head.  They did and I relaxed for the picture.  Phew!!!!  I love my husband and the great caregiver he is to me.

Quote:

And if it comes back, I'll keep fighting.



1 comment:

  1. yes you are a great fighter!! and yes Bill is the best caregiver and support person we all know...Love you Kathy and if is such a small word, don't even give it the time!! because NO is a bigger tougher sounding word!..NO to 'C'

    ReplyDelete