Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Kabloom!

Today was day 3 of my radiation treatments.  I did it without Ativan once again.  I actually think I was in the room for a total of about 10 minutes.  Hooked me in place, zapped me with radiation, unhooked me and done.  Matt Noll was right.  It only takes minutes.  Not so bad.  Still feeling pretty good.  I did have to take a small nap today.  That only happens every so often.

Working on getting my sewing room done.  My therapy room.  Bill has painted and hung my pegboard, my shelf and my picture.  I hung my great grandfather's hat.  Michelle found a ruler that is about 39 inches long and 6 inches wide at Home Goods when we where shopping on Sunday.  Has several clips on it to hang things.  Need to hang that yet.  Working on some Prairie Points to put around the top of the pegboard.  It's getting there.  My therapy room.  My sewing is my therapy.  Hard to think about my cancer when my machine is humming away.  Hard to think about my cancer while I am watching You Tube to learn how to make something.   Hard to think about my cancer while looking around at my room full of fabric, cutting boards, baskets of fabric scraps, threads, buttons, cutters and several different unfinished projects.  My therapy.

Yesterday FedEx left a box at my door that said Kabloom.  I was talking to Kristi at the time.  We figured it contained flowers.  Kristi, being her funny self, said - "Mom, I don't care what the card says, the flowers are from me.  Someone probably forged their name in place of mine."  But they were not from Kristi.  They were from my Kerri.  A beautiful bouquet of daisies and a nice glass vase too.  Here is what the card said "For my beautiful, strong Mom.  Thank you for not giving up.  I love you and miss you!  xoxo".  I love and miss my Kerri a lot.  Bill, Kerri, Kristi, my son-in-laws. my beautiful 8 grandkids, my mom and I could go on and on are all reasons that I have not given up.  Reasons I go through all I have to keep on keeping on!  Hard at times, believe me, but I don't like the alternative.

Quote:

Life is tough my darling but so are you!!!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment