Friday, October 28, 2016

Caregivers!

Slept good from 11:30 till about 7 this morning.  Feet not good today.  Been painful all day.  Not so sure if the capzasin ointment didn't cause some of the burning.  But normal pain is there also.  Too much mall walking yesterday maybe?

Bill, of course, will continue to be my caregiver during my transplant process.  But in case he would get sick during this time, we needed to name a back up caregiver.  We talked about it and I decided that the best person for this would be my sister Deb Shaffer.  I had discussed this with her when she and my other sister, Cheri, were in FL.  Deb will be able to pick up and fly to Tampa at a moments notice. She and I talked last week again to be sure she still wanted to commit and she said no doubts from the time we first discussed it.  She will be ready if needed.  There was another offer from one of my BFFs too. Thanks for the kind offer.  It meant a lot.  I had pretty much decided on my sister by then especially with the holidays coming up.  Kristi will fill in until Deb can get here.  And none of this is going to happen because Bill is not going to get sick.

Caregivers are unpaid love ones who give persons with cancer both physical and emotional care.  They are the life line of the person with cancer.  They help make life as normal as possible for the cancer patient even though their lives (both the caregiver and the cancer patient) have be dealt with unexpected and unwanted lifestyle changes.  We as cancer patients, could not deal with all this without our caregivers.

Quote:

Every choice is the right choice when you make it!

1 comment:

  1. Just want you to know that you are a heartfelt inspiration to me. I'm so glad Bill and I are longtime Yankees fans. ;) That's all I can say :)

    ReplyDelete