Thursday, October 27, 2016

Pick a happy place!

Had about 10 minutes of walking on my feet with no pain before I went to bed last night.  I was in heaven.  I did have a good nights sleep.  Feet didn't feel so bad this morning.  So Bill and I took my Mac and cell to the Apple Store today at the Altamonte Springs mall.   Nice mall.  2 stories.  We haven't seen a mall this busy in years.  And it's Thursday.  Was told it would be a 2 hour wait to see an Apple tech.  We decided to wait.  I needed to get my Mac fixed for awhile now and I want to take to Moffitt.  And my phone had a pop up about my Comcast account.  Fixed.  And no charge for either.  Worth the wait even though it took 3 hours!  But funny thing was that when we left, we couldn't remember the name of the store we wanted to remember so we knew where our car was.  Not funny!!!  Lol!!!  We knew it was near Sears and finally figured it out.  Chemo brain for me but Bill???
I did get a hat while I was waiting.  Would put a picture up but still can't do it.  Bill called me Yoko Ono!!  Getting prepared for when I lose my hair.  I will lose it about 2 weeks after the high dose chemo.  Bought some crochet hooks and some yarn to try to make some.  First one isn't looking so hot.  May fit Tommy.  My project is called Hats for Kath!!!

After reading my blog last night, one of my friends text me and I wanted to share her words with you because this will be something I will do.  It is something I will do because it will include each and everyone of you.  It is something I will do because I need my family and friends during this time and what a wonderful way of getting you all here with me, if only in my mind.  It started out saying she would be scared too.  This is real and is serious.  Then said - Pick a happy place and time in your life, close your eyes and go there.  Then look around that place in your mind.  We are all there surrounding you.  Encouraging you.  Never forget that place but rather go there often and feel the peace and love of your family and friends.  Thanks Jean for your wonderful, caring text!!!

Once again, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your comments, your texts, phone calls, cards, surprise packages, cyber hugs and prayers, IMs, reading my blog and letting me know you are there if I need you.  Several of you have asked what my address will be when I am admitted to Moffitt for cards and or flowers.  I am not allowed any fresh or artificial flowers during my stay at Moffitt or once I am discharged as an outpatient to a hotel or Hope Lodge.  Cards I am sure I can get there but will check with my social worker and let you know.  This hospital stay will be a little hard for me as almost all my family and friends are too far away to visit.  But there was a reason for me to be in FL when this cancer was detected.  This rare Multiple Myeloma.  So, Louise, I guess I will have to make new friends at the hospital.  ;)

Quote:

Cancer hurts the hearts of those who fight from the sidelines!



2 comments:

  1. Love this! Great idea for any one of us.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh and those new friends will all remind you of one of us or all of us.....you'll have to pick them apart and say to yourself what friend they match esp back home ..now that can be interesting and will make you smile, laugh or frown...lol Can't wait to hear those stories! What a wonderful idea for you to to pick a happy place... and Yes we will all be there with you, because you have many happy places that you have shared with your caring loving family and wonderful friends!! xo LMC

    ReplyDelete