Friday, October 7, 2016

Fever on the Bayou!

10 steroids and 7 cyclophosphamide (chemo) pills this morning.  My Friday dose.  Next Friday will be the last time I take these 17 pills.  And after Monday's Zometa drip and next Friday's pills, I will be finished with my cycles that Dr. Sarriera felt necessary for me to be able to go forward with the stem cell transplant.  Pretesting start on 17th at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa.  I will cover all this separately in another post soon.  So are my steroids going to help me sleep tonight or keep me up?   That remains to be seen.  If the feet and hands have anything to do with it and the steroids make me super tired, I may be sleep walking!

Matthew never made it with the fury they said he would to our area. We are so glad.  I was up walking several times last night.  Would look out window and nothing.  All we have are limbs, leaves and a full pool.  Bill drained several times.  He and Denny skimmed piles of debri off pool.  Best part of Matthew was that Sandy and Denny's flight was cancelled and they came over to spend the night with us instead of staying in their condo.  I pictured Sandy and I sitting close together on the couch listening to howling winds, pounding rains and trying not to holler once Matthew hit us.  Sandy with her glass of wine and me with my jug of water.    Only noise was a frog that croaked all night.  Bill made us a great breakfast this morning.  Bill found a puzzle for Denny (now back in the box).  Sandy and I were pj lazy for a long time.  Tramped over to Michelle and Gery's for a bit.  Then did something we haven't done for awhile.  Played Spades.  Fun.  Of course, Sandy and I beat Bill and Denny.  Usually play several hands but we had something interrupt called me and neuropathy.  What a wonderful time with special, special friends.   They decided to go back to their condo tonight as the curfew was lifted for Casselberry.   No demand there either.  Funny though as I do not hear that noisy frog.  Wonder if Sandy took it along.

I do know the steriods can make me weepy.  We all know Bill loves his music.  One of his songs that we would sing loudly to is "Fever on the Bayou" sang by Rodney Crowell.  Check it out Bob Curwood!  It is our happy Florida song.  Our make us smile song.  Our sing together song.  Our so glad we retired song since we moved to Florida even though the words have nothing to do with retirement.   Our song!!!   Well, it came on today and even though we sang it, it wasn't with the happiness that makes me smile.  It made me want to cry.  We will sing this again in the future with that happiness but right now will just sing it.

Quote:

If it wasn't for cancer, I'd say I had the perfect life but if it wasn't for cancer, would I realize it?



7 comments:

  1. My beautiful Mom will sing again with happiness! I know it! Keep on going, Mom!! I love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs mama. You've come so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me cry, but it's ok. Keep fighting and keep singing. I hope next week's photos of Zachary's first time at the beach bring you some smiles! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me cry, but it's ok. Keep fighting and keep singing. I hope next week's photos of Zachary's first time at the beach bring you some smiles! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete