Monday, October 31, 2016

Sock Monkey Take Two!

Really tired last night so didn't stay up long enough to blog.  Feet the same.  Hands too.  Just not going to give me a break.  Would have been nice to have these few days without my meds to have been almost a normal me before all this starts for the transplant.

Took mom home yesterday.  Was hard on us both knowing I probably won't see her for a bit.  Also, there isn't anyone around to take her for a few things at the grocery store, get her nails and hair done and have her spend the night with them except Kristi and she is so busy anymore.  Back to teaching which she loves.  Mom loves where she is but nice to get away a bit. Then we went to Kristi and Matt's for dinner.  That was hard too when I left because I won't be seeing Matt or the girls for a while either.  Emotional day for me yesterday.

Trick or treat night was spent at Michelle and Gery's.  Had a total of maybe 11 kids.  Michelle said it was a record!!!  I, of course, had to dress up even though it was a costume I wore before.  But never in Florida!  Got my bag of Halloween stuff out and found my sock monkey one.  Bill, Michelle, Gery and Karen were impressed but don't thing the 11 kids were.  We sat outside from 6 until about 8.  Weather was beautiful.  Weather has been beautiful but I haven't enjoyed it as much as I would like.  Usually sitting with my feet up trying to get some relief or laying down resting.  Next year this time, I will be able to enjoy this FL weather!!!  Next year time I will be able to go to the beach again!!!  Next year this time I will be able to do things for my grandkids, Bill, my mom, my daughters and best of all, ME!!!ME!!!ME!!!  This journey I am on should have settled down by next year this time as it may take up to 6 months to a year for my immune system to return to normal.  Infection is the most common complication after a stem cell transplant.  I will be on medication(s) to help prevent infection during this timeframe along with strict guidelines to also help prevent infections.

Quote:

You don't always have to hold yourself together!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment