Monday, October 17, 2016

Tampa day 1!

Feet had me up some last night walking.  Don't know when that will end.  But pray soon!

Got up at 4:45 this morning and was on the road by 6.  Took us a little over 2 hours to get to Moffitt. First appointment was labs.  17 tubes of blood.  Then had to stick me again because she forgot to draw one.  18 total so far.   So used to having blood drawn that it doesn't really hurt when they stick me.  Then on to my pulmonary test.  She explained that she had to draw one tube of blood.  This was not done previously with the other draws because this blood has to come from an artery not a vein. Previous draws are from the veins.  Oh, okay.  Had to measure oxygen , that's why.  Okay.  Now let me tell you, that was very unpleasant.  Hurt!!!   She took it from an artery in my wrist.  Then did the blow in the tube tests.  On to have an EKG.  Done.  On the elevator to another floor.  Chest X-ray.  Done.  It was freezing in every place we went.  Had an hour to kill before my 1 PM ECHO cardiogram.  Had some lunch and sat outside to warm up.  ECHO done and we were done day 1.  Tomorrow starts at 8:00 AM and goes till 3.  That's the Pet Scan day.  I have my drugs to get through that one.  All these tests will determine if the transplant happens.  I hope and pray I pass.

Quote:

Sometimes you have to go through things and not around them!


2 comments:

  1. Dress warmly tomorrow. Take your drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day down....2 more this trip....I PRAY that you have good days ahead.......and get some good rest with no pain...Good Luck.....God loves you and so do I...xoxo....Mom

    ReplyDelete