Friday, July 15, 2016

5th Floor please.

Today I met another group of lab technicians, admin ladies, nurses, pharmacists and cafeteria aids.  My chemo family.  What caring, kind people they were.  I felt as if I was the only patient they had today.  Of course as I looked around the room, I saw I wasn't. 1st floor please.   First stop was at the pharmacy to pick up my Revlimid and Dexadrone.  Met Alon (yep that is how you spell it) that I have been talking to off and on the last few days.  Explained to us these two drugs.  5th floor please.   They drew blood and put a port in for the IV drip.  Did get emotional when they handed me a tote that was donated by a lady to new chemo patients.  Was a Thirty One bag so made me think of my niece Michelle.  Calmed down. 4th Floor please.  Lunch with Bill.  5th Floor please.  Admin called my name, told me to gather up my belongings and my beloved and follow her to room 3.  Met Kara and Tammy, my nurses for today.  Drugs and procedures explained.  Took my 10 steroid pills (Dexadrone) and my Revlimid (chemo pill), drip started (Zometa - Vitamin D to strengthen my bones).   This drip lasted about 15 minutes.  Then the Velcade injection in my fluff.  Don't ask.  Lol!
1st floor please.  Get the car. Headed to visit with Kristi, Matt and girls (kids and dogs).  Home
 please.  Just relaxing till it cools some then a walk around the block.

Long winded but this blog will help me remember.

Quote:

Be honest about how you feel, including pain!


2 comments: