Wednesday, July 20, 2016

With this ring

Most of you know that I am superstitious.  Well, should I say, that I am very superstitious.  Even my grandkids have picked up some of my ways.  Just ask their parents.   One superstition that has stuck in my mind since my great grandmother's time was the one that once you are married, you are never, ever to take your wedding rings off.  I have stuck to that for almost 49 years.  Even told a nurse once when I was getting ready for surgery, either tape my rings on or I was walking out.  Tape won.  Recently I have lost the battle with this superstition.  Had to take them off when they needed to X-ray my fingers and had to take them off in the first night or two of chemo meds as my hands were swollen.  And just this morning because of the swelling in my fingers from an allergic reaction.  So I just crossed my fingers, put them on the car window when I crossed the railroad tracks and that will make this alright.

Quote:

We can't direct the wind but we can adjust the sails.

5 comments:

  1. YOU are the most superstitious person I have ever known! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am. Drive Kristi and Bill nuts having to go out the door I came in. Lol

      Delete
  2. I think if you put the rings on a sheep and run around the sheep 3 times while holding a black cat, it will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with kristi. If you need a black cat, come see me. I have several!!

      Delete
    2. Wait. There are sheep in FL?

      Delete