Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I AM STRONG WHY?

On July 8, 2016 I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma.  Surprise!!!

How it began:
Noticed a small soft lump on top of my head sometime in March.  Didn't think too much about it.  Started to grow a little so went to my family doctor April 18th and saw a Physician's Assistant.  She called in the other PA and they said cellulitis and prescribed an antibiotic for 14 days.  Nothing changed in the lump so called back into the office and was referred to see a surgeon saying she thought it was fatty tissue since the antibiotic didn't work. Appt with surgeon was April 27th and he confirmed it was just fatty tissue also.

Watched this lump and noticed it was growing larger.  Called family doctor and insisted on seeing the doctor, not the PA.  Appt was cancelled by doctor's office because doctor was sick.  That was June 3rd.  I then went away on vacation from June 6 until June 13.  New appt to see doctor was scheduled for June 15th.  He examined the lump and said he would like to get x-rays and I should make an appt with a dermatologist.
Appt made with dermatologist for June 28th.  X-rays, June 20th.

Called family doctor's office to see if x-rays back on June 24th.  Was told no.

Called family doctor's office on June 28 to see if x-rays back and send to dermatologist.  Told yes and they would put in my health portal for me to see.

20 minutes later I am called by family doctor's office to cancel dermatologist's appt and come in at 2.

That's where it all started. 


Quote:

Positive life changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment