Friday, July 22, 2016

Caregivers:

Bill has been great watching out for what I am eating.  He buys broccoli in bunches ever so often.  Said he was going to buy some powered broccoli and make me a milkshake.  Steams it, put on pizza, in an omelet, in salad, raw, noodle soup and said thinks it would be good on ice cream.  I drew the line there.  He's watching my sugars and breads.  Two of my favorites.  Makes sure I have fruits available all the time.  Even sent me one of the lists of foods he is using.  This and only being officially diagnosed 2 weeks ago.  He is very attentive to my moods too. Sure that's hard.  Listens to me whine, complain, there when I am happy and there when I am sad.  No more needed to be said.

Kristi and Matt have been our ears at our doctor appointments when we were sitting there in disbelief.  Drivers till we learned the best way to go the 15 miles in 30 minutes or less.  Typists of notes of what Dr. Sarriera said, Abby said, Desiree said, Dr. Nair said.  Texts checking on my chemo visits, phone calls just saying dumb things moms and daughters talk about.  Little surprises here and there.   No more needed to be said here either.

Kerri with her daily check ins.  Her witty text to make me laugh.  My favorite so far is Paul in the "cold tub".  Love it.  Her surprise in the mail of an oil she wants me to use.  Phone calls, just like above, just saying dumb things between mother and daughter.  No more needed said here either.

Neighbors, Michelle and Gery, having us over for dinner and cooking from Bill's list just for me.  Picking up, while shopping, some extras for me to bring home from that list.  Asking, texting with me in mind.

Support group:


My beautiful grandkids for whom these quilts have been promised in my quilting head.

Emails, phone calls, text from Sandy, Louise and Cheri. Part of my O 5 group.

My sisters, my mom, my brother, Bill's brothers and sisters, my sister-in-law, checking on me.  Nieces, nephews, cousins.  Phone calls, texting.

And all of the rest of my family and friends sending cards, prayers, hope, more prayers, emails,
texting and more prayers.

And all this during only a 2 week or less time frame of you all finding out about my diagnosis.  You are all truly amazing and Bill and I appreciate your support as we continue this battle to a happy ending.  May take a bit to get there but we will get there and know that all your prayers and positive thoughts will show us the way.

Thanks to all.  So appreciated.

Quote:

May every sunshine hold more promises and every sunset hold more peace!





2 comments:

  1. Always sending you love, prayers, hugs and good vibes to you and Bill. Love you guys very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Team Kathy! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete