Monday, July 18, 2016

Day 4

This morning I took my chemo pill, vitamins and aspirin.  Then we got ready to head to UF Health Cancer Center for my second chemo shot.  One side effect noticed this morning was a very itchy scalp.  I have a direct email line to Dr. Sarriera's office and his staff which I am to use for communicating concerns.  So sent an email off to them.  Once at the center, I also mentioned my concerns to my chemo nurse.  Now you need to see me.  I had to apply hydrocortisone to my scalp.  Well, that was fun.  Looks like I haven't washed my hair in months.  But it has helped some so let it be greasy.  Need to report in the AM how it feels.  Got my second shot in my fluff and headed home. Another day done.

Quote:

Don't underestimate the importance of seeking help!

2 comments: