Friday, July 22, 2016

And your chemo nurse today is::::

Day 8

Yep, it was bruiser nurse.  I was sure to show her the bruise she left on Monday.  She fluffed it off.  Something about capillaries.  Not.  She just aimed and shot that needle in.  Today though, she got me Powerade to drink, graham crackers, offered me a warm blanket as I sat in a vibrating, heated chair.  Labs were done and we had to way about 45 minutes to 1 hour on the results.  Then the pharmacy mixes up my chemo meds for the injection.  

Results back from lab.  All looked great.  Bellirubin was in line finally (kidney function good), platelets good, blood cells good.  Wonderful, wonderful.  Injected done by bruiser.  This time she counted to 3, told me to let her know if the stinging was too much and she would back off and asked me how I was doing.  

Abby, my oncology nurse, came up to chemo floor to look at my rash.  Looks real good.  Almost all gone.  Still have three prednisone days left.  She is such a sweetheart.  Looking forward to my Wednesday appointment with Dr. Sarriera to review results and treatment plans.  AND the lump on my head seems to be shrinking.  

My 14 steroid pills made my batting average of 500 today.   Measured by Bill and Joe Giradi. 

Sending thanks to everyone for your support and prayers being sent my way.  I know in my heart this is helping.  

Quote:

Emphasis the positives!







9 comments: