Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Cry baby pills

Day 6

Oh my honey.  That's one of the reactions I got from one of Dr. Sarriera's nurses today when she saw my red, swollen face and everywhere else I have blotches of rashes.  Arms, neck, back, hands, ears, fingers, on my fluff and it was finally going south to my legs.  Abby, his nurse practitioner, immediately said it was an allergic reaction to Revlimid (my chemo pill).  Stop taking immediately.  Continue on with the Velcade (chemo shot on Monday and Friday's) as well as the 10 steroid pills on Fridays.  We go back to meet with Dr. Sarriera next Wednesday to evaluate the treatment plan and may be changing some meds.  Meanwhile, she added more steroids.  Prednisone.  Taken this in the past and remember eating everything in site and crying about everything.  I know one thing, I won't be crying about this rash going away.

Quote:

Cancer may have started the fight, but I will finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment