Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Boy, is my face red.

Day 5

There are going to be times that I am not going to hold back on the way I feel or what I think.  Guess that's part of blogging.  Reality.  And it helps me remember as I go through to recovery.  The good with the bad.

Took my normal regiment of chemo pill and vitamins.   And then today wasn't a great day.  So far I have had minor problems but this day was my first "I don't feel well.  And I look like I just spent 3 hours at the beach in the sun".  To start it off, I didn't get much sleep last night.  Damn frogs.  Tonight I will sit on the patio with a pistol and wait on them.  Well, maybe not.  The itchy scalp had sort of subsided.    Scalp hurt to touch though.  Then I notice I was getting beat red and puffy from temple to temple across my forehead.  My glasses felt tight even. My ears, especially the left one, look like I was in a fight.   As the day went on, I noticed rashes everywhere but my upper and lower legs.  Finally called the nurses and go in for a check up tomorrow.  I would say "allergic reaction" maybe.  Also, very fatigued feeling today.  Don't tell Kristi and Matt but I fell asleep while watching the kids.  Pays the same I think.  😴

On a good note, I connected with two very special people from my past.   My support group is awesome.  Each one of you have a special place in my heart.  Love you all.

Quote:

Some days there won't be a song in your heart but sing anyway.

1 comment: