Friday, August 12, 2016

Another 4 AM Prednisone morning!

Yep.  Went to bed at 11 and up at 4.  Got some straightening up done though. Then took my 10 treatment steroids and 2 Prednisones.  Probably another early morning tomorrow.  🤓

Didn't have to do labs before my chemo injection today so was a quick 1/2 hr appointment.  My blood pressure was up though.  Maybe all the steroids. Today I had Vassena as my chemo nurse.  Nice young lady.

Bill and I also attended a New Member Welcome at the Cancer Center.  It's amazing all the different support services they offer at no cost to the patient, caregivers and their family throughout the month.   May be doing a gentle Yoga class, Tia Chi and a Healthy Living series.  Need to coordinate with my appointments.

Will be going to get mom and Aunt Betts tomorrow for an overnight visit.  Mom likes to see me ever so often to make sure I still look good and not hiding things from her.  That's what mommy's do.

Quote: (a little different tonight)

5 things to do before you get out of bed:

1.  Express gratitude.
2.  Set your intentions for the day.
3.  Take 5 long deep breaths in and out.
4.  Smile for no reason.
5.  Forgive yourself for yesterday's mistakes.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have many services available for you. Knowledge is medicine! Yeah those steroids do a number on sleep for sure. When I took it for Poision Ivy, cause it was internal couldn't get rid of it had it the whole summer a few years back. Anyway I was on the Predisone and low and behold I was wide awake at 3am, watching TV. But it did get rid of the Poision Ivy finally. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.
    I like your 5 things to do before you get out of bed in the morning, gonna try that tomorrow , cause today was a aggravating day!
    Sleep well, and definitely do the yoga. It does work. Say Hi to Mom for me. 💕😴

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 5 things to do before bed. Could have used them last night. Have a great day! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to post those 5 things on my ceiling!

    ReplyDelete