Monday, August 29, 2016

If you fight, we will fight with you!

These were words of kindness I heard from my chemo nurse, Maggie, today as I told her of my very emotional morning.   Didn't really have a lot of energy from the time I got up.  Just didn't feel all that great.  Then the tears, along with the words, of why, don't wanna do this, don't wanna be me, hate this, want my happy back.  Words and tears that have flowed out most of this whole day.  These kind of days, I have been told, are okay to have occasionally.  So glad I have a great husband to listen and allows me to cry on his shoulder.  This I needed today.  Calls from Kristi and Kerri and a text from a friend added to my comfort.  Just one of those days that I couldn't hold myself together.

Quote:

A strong person is not one who never cries.  A strong person is one who cries, shedding tears for a bit, then gets up and fights again.

2 comments:

  1. just read this post as I have done each night from the start, and if you look through them all and weigh out your good and bad days you are feeling... The good wins out! You are entitled to have uneasy days. I think it's healthy to vent and question the whys. But, after that you know yourself, and we all know you, you can't be kept down that long. You are a happy go lucky person and that will always win out. It's just who you are. Just keep doing what your doing, staying informed, following the plan to get you there... It won't be long before you can say "good riddance " to this unwanted visitor (cancer). Sleep well and keep fighting on. Blessed family and friends are with you always, Do something nice for yourself, you certainly deserve it. And remember cancer doesn't like when your treating yourself good and being positive, so keep it going. Luv u, Carol. Nighty night😴💕🌻

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly entitled to these types of days. In fact, I'd be worried if you didn't! Get it out and go back to kicking ass!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete