Wednesday, August 10, 2016

CyBorD

Day 6

Labs, survey and then appointment with Abby and then Dr. Sarriera and Abby.  What an upbeat person  LP Abby is when discussing my progress with Bill and I.  And she had some upbeat news to discuss. My Myeloma protein was pretty good today.  I started at a 1.0 and now it's at .04.  Great news.  Not where they want it to be yet before I can have the transplant but getting there.  And this even though I have not completed one full cycle of my treatment plan with the Revlimid because of the reaction I have to it.  So Dr. Sarriera is going to start me on a new treatment plan starting August 26 (that day sounds familiar).  I will finish the rest of this cycle 2 of chemo injections (Velcade) on Friday and Monday, along with the 10 steroids (Dexamethasone) on Friday and Friday.  Confusing, I know.  Desiree made me a calendar and will update it with new treatment plan.   Then August 26th, I will begin the CyBorD treatment plan.  This plan will be 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off.  I will still be taking the Valcade injections, the steroids but the new chemo pill is called cyclophosphamide.  I keep thinking it's called cyclops.  Hence, CyBorD

Cy-Cyclophosphamide
Bor-Bortezomib (generic name of Velcade)
D-Dexamethasone

I asked Dr. Sarriera if a transplant was necessary. He said recommended, highly recommended.  The rate of Multiple Myeloma patients having a recurrence is very rare and the survival rate is up to double digits, 10 to 20 years, after having a transplant. Bill said he could probably keep me around another 20 years.  Dr. Sarriera also expressed his happiness with the results of the Myeloma protein.
Again, comments were made about the progress I have made even though I haven't completed a full treatment plan cycle.

This all being said, I know there are a lot of prayers being said, positive energy sent my way, cyber hugs and positive healings vibes all helping me and my team of doctors get me to my happy ending.  May be a while but it will be!   Thanks to each and everyone of you.

Quote:

Cancer is an ugly disease but the beauty of life after cancer is worth fighting for!



3 comments:

  1. This is a great report! Between the great team of dr's and nurses and your strong attitude , you will crush this unwelcomed visitor! You go girl! Sleep well.๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿผ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be a Cyborg! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing, Kristi!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

    ReplyDelete