Monday, August 8, 2016

Support

Tonight Bill and I attended a Multiple Myeloma support group function.  So glad we went.  About 15 people there. 1/2 care givers.  One lady was diagnosed in 2006 and is in remission for the second time.  A young man with kids ages 12, 10 and 9 diagnosed the same time as me.  Several have had transplants, some have not.  Great mix of stories.  Even served us dinner.  Various pastas, salads and desserts.  Received a lot of information about this cancer.  But most of all, received hopes and positive energy from strangers who have fought or are fighting Multiple Myeloma.  Strangers now but to become another group of friends who will fight along side each other.   We will definitely go back.

Quote:

Friends do not let friends fight cancer alone!


1 comment:

  1. Support groups can be wonderful. I'm glad this one is! I hope I can go with you next time.

    ReplyDelete