Friday, August 5, 2016

Time to start again.

Cycle 2, Day 1

Are you ready to follow me through 14 days of my next treatment?   I will be posting about it as it keeps me focused and helps me relay things to my doctors.  And I like to blog (to talk really)!

Our appointment today was for 1:30.  First did a full panel lab work for Multiple Myeloma.  Then we went back to the chemo room to wait the results.  Have to check the blood levels (takes about 45 minutes), contact my oncology team with the levels to make sure all okay and get their approval to constant pharmacist to mix my meds for the injection.  Pharmacy sends to my chemo nurse, who gives me the injection.  Meanwhile, Bill and I snuggled our feet under my heated blanket. He wore sandals today and his feet were cold.  😅  All the labs came back good except my Bilirubin.  A little elevated.  Not the first time but a red flag they watch.  Maybe I am drinking too much water, not! Will discuss this Dr. Sarriera on Wednesday again.

My chemo nurse today was Kara. I was to be her patient 2 other times but it was her lunch time, so her back-up took over.  Today I got there after her lunch.  Bill told her she was in the running to see if her injection bruised.  I think it made her a little nervous.

Picked up my new dosage Chemo pill  Revlimid, my Friday 10 at a time treatment steroids and theprednisone (in case I get that allergic reaction to the Revlimid again).

Along with my normal daily vitamins and baby aspirin, I Took my 10 treatment steroids, my Revlimid, my Velcade (the chemo injection) - the beginning day of Cycle 2.

14 days on 7 off.

Quote:

Eat watermelon to alleviate a dry mouth!

3 comments: