Saturday, August 27, 2016

Stud finder for veins!

Steroids had my up till 2 AM.  Slept till 6:30 then.  Was able to take a long nap this afternoon!   Other then a rash starting, but not like the Revlimid rash/hives, not seeing any other side efforts yet with my new chemo pill.  And hope I don't.  Will monitor the rash overnight and report to oncology team then.  Rash is on face, neck, chest so far.

I have never see this before.  Lab techs always have trouble finding my veins to draw blood.  They do eventually get one.  Miles, my lab tech yesterday, looked for a vein and was unsuccessful. So he pulls the mini looking stud finder out and proceeds to run it over the middle of my arm.  He said, "found one!"   He told me to look and there it was lit up in the middle of this stud finder.  Cool.  Guess I need to call it a vein finder.  Then he proceeded to put a line in my arm. Wait.  I do not need a line.   He put it in anyway. Finally convinced him to look at my chart.  Ugh.  Drew my blood then removed it mumbling.  Still nice to me though.

Quote:

Focus on what matters!


No comments:

Post a Comment