Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Talk before sleep.

Kristi, mom and I did some running around this morning in to the early afternoon before we took mom home.  Then our son-in-law ask us over for a spaghetti dinner.  Thanks Matt.  It was great.  And the homemade milk shake (yes, Michelle I got my milkshake finally) was the best.

I will be able to sleep good tonight because I just had a phone conversation with a great friend.  A friend that has always been there when needed even if a year or more would go by.  We talked about our Army days in Germany, our kids, old people, ghosts, grandkids and how our lives have changed.  Most of all, Joanie listened to me talk about multiple myeloma, the treatments, my ups and downs, my fears.  And we talked about her husband Harry who is also fighting some very major health problems and hopefully on the way to recovery.   And that call my friends, only took us 2 hours. My talk before sleep with Joanie is just what I needed tonight.  And we will do it again.

Quote:

When the sun goes down, the stars come out!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, enjoyed reading your recent posts. You are truly blessed with having such a loving family beside you. Reading the above post , reminds me of the old TV commercial either it was AT&T or Ma Bell where they say"it's the next best thing to being there". So true. You may not be able to talk to your friends or relatives face to face for a period of time, but just a phone call to hear their voice is so good for the heart! Especially in this day of texts, emails etc, just talking by using the good old phone does a person good. Sleep well tonight and keep moving forward. Love, Carol and Joey. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ด

    ReplyDelete