Tuesday, September 6, 2016

3AM

That was the time we arrived at the Cancer Center ER.  Had been up most of the night, again walking the floor, sitting in a tub of hit water, creams, oils etc.  We decided around 2 to just get dressed and go to the ER.  Pain wasn't subsiding for very long.  Labs drawn and a sonogram of my legs to look for blood clots.  Nothing found.  Sent me home with a pain pill.  That worked for about 2 hours and pain back.  Emailed Desiree and they made an appt for me to see Abby.  She review everything that had happened the last few days.  Ordered an MRI on my lower spine, hip and leg.  That's next Tuesday.   Checking to see if a lesion may have broken off and is pinching a nerve.  Gave me a few pain pills to help me get through the next few days.  Then on for more labs and my Velcade injection.  Platelets even lower so had to check with dr. Sarriera to see if could take the injection.  Was good to go.  Left the Cancer Center in the midst of 5 PM traffic.  Only took an hour for 15 miles.  Now ready to pop a pain pill and hopefully get a good nights rest.

Quote:

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!



5 comments:

  1. So sorry. I hope you are resting without pain tonite. Seems crazy to have to wait until Tuesday for MRI. I was organizing paperwork here tonite and found some notes instructing us to get urologist appointment set up, which we did, and we were three days shy of that appointment and ended up with two week hospitalization. We all are trying so hard to do everything as instructed and we still have such pain and disappointment to deal with. Hope to have a date for removal of stent and stone tomorrow. IVIG to continue the following week, no matter what or when an appt. is made. Strange bruised and swollen foot now to go with harder rehab. Hugs and kisses to both you and Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you mom ... I wish I could help with the pain ... With all of it! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Bear. I will soon not have pain.

      Delete
  3. Kathy,
    I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a difficult and painful time. It hurts my heart when I think of it. So glad you have such a good support system. We are keeping you N Bill in our prayers and in our hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete