Saturday, September 24, 2016

There's a man walking in our yard!

Slept pretty good last night and was pain free of my neuropathy.  No pain pill needed.  Yeah.  Hope tonight is the same.  Was up at 4:30 AM because of the steroids though.  Been up most of the day since other that a small nap.  Anyway, seems my weepiness from the steroids started a little earlier than usual.  One of those mornings that I wanted to do was cry.  Was dropping stuff, a little queasy in my stomach, didn't feel much energy, just whatever.  So told Bill I was going to get a shower, my crying place.  Big hugs from him and off I went feeling sorry for myself for whatever and crying my heart out.  About 10 minutes in my bedroom, I decided to open the shutters and let some light in hoping to calm myself down.  When what do my crying eyes did appear but a man walking out of the side of our house carrying a pipe heading to a pick up truck.  Hollared for Bill and he went to the front door and went out.  On the way out, he hollared to me, it's Gery getting the tires to take away.  OMG!!  Well, that stopped the tears and started the laughter.  Thanks Gery.  You were at the right place at the right time!!!  Sent to help me.  Bill said he told him that everyone who thinks living with a woman who has PMS is nothing compared to a woman on steroids!!!  10 of them at once to be exact.

Then around 11 off to take the girls home.  Kristi and I picked up mom, went to lunch, shopped at Kohl's and Dollar Tree (the store with the Freen sign Didi - my Kristopher used to say).  How does someone who has worked around dishes for over 20 years not know the difference between a 4 piece place setting and a service for 4?   Do not ask!  Second laughter to ward of the crying jags for today.  Third laughter of the day, Oct 5th - Friday, not.  Do not ask again!  Kristi and I will not own up to any of this.

My reason for this is to say, all in all I had a decent day.  All ending with a nice long call from my sister Cheri.  A few laughs there too.

Quote:

You don't always have to hold yourself together!


3 comments:

  1. You weren't supposed to tell anyone about our horrible math skills today!! You can blame it on chemo brain and I'll blame it on being tired and shopping at a store that I don't really like!

    ReplyDelete