Saturday, September 17, 2016

Who is ringing my doorbell?

Okay these steriods allowed me go to sleep at 4 AM this morning and sleep until 8.  Then allowed me a 1 1/2 hour nap this afternoon.  And here I now sit at 10:30 trying to be tired so I can go to bed.  Busy day cause I had energy.  Made some crab soup and stuff for nachos/tacos cause Kristi and the girls were coming over for dinner tonight.  Unfortunately Matt is sick so he had to stay home.  Sent him some soup though.  BUT little did I know who else would be here for dinner.  Door bell rings around 4.  I knew Michelle was stopping over but she doesn't ring my doorbell.  The people a few houses up was having and party and I thought maybe they decided to invite us.  Saw a black truck parked up by our driveway and thought maybe they just wanted to let us know they were parking there and going up to the party.  Looked our the side panel of our door and couldn't believe it.  There stood Kerri and Paul.  Opened the door and was just flabbergasted so I shut it and locked it.  Then opened it and got the biggest, needed hug from my Bear as Paul took pictures.  I was still in disbelief.  And I am still thinking it is a dream.  1700 miles they drove since last Thursday.  1700 miles from both of my grandsons homecoming dance.  1700 miles from the other 4 grandkids. 1700 miles from their life of scrapping, horses, dogs, cats, cows, pigs.  Now that's what I call positive energy delivered to my door.  Another big part of my reason for fighting this ugly thing called cancer.  My husband, my daughters, son-in-laws and my grandkids are my reasons!!!  The fear is mine and the pain is mine but knowing that my family and friends are there for me with hugs, prayers, positive energy, to listen to me whine through texts and phone calls, read my sometimes laborious blog, send me encouragement and mainly just caring, gives me courage, faith and strength. Today a big part of my needed courage showed up at my door.  Today I got the other hugs I needed since the day I heard the words multiple myeloma.  Take that cancer!!!

Quote:

Stand in your light and shine brightly because that's how you defeat the darkness!




2 comments: