Friday, September 16, 2016

Steroid night!

Slept most of the night until 4 AM.  Stayed up a bit but back to sleep until 7:30.  Breakfast and then my 17 and 4 pills.  10 treatment steroids (Dexacon) and 7 chemo pills (Cyclophosphamide or Cytoxin).  So pretty good day.  Had a little weakness in my lower legs this morning but that eventually past.  Dinner and walked over to Michelle and Gery's for a bit.  I am sure I talked Michelle's head off.  Steroid high and that is why I am still up.  Crash by Sunday.

Called to get the process started for my bone marrow/stem cell transplant.  Talked to my Transplant Coordinator, Kelley.  She hadn't  heard from Cancer Center and my team here yet.  Emailed my on the spot RN, Desiree.  All info faxed to Kelley as of 4 today.  My transplant doctor, Dr. Ochoa, and Kelly will review Monday or Tuesday.  Then will be schedule for Pre-Transplant Testing for various medical tests that may include EKG, chest X-ray, CT scan of chest, bone marrow biopsy, labs, PET scan etc.  I will have to have a psychosocial evaluation done by a social worker and a psychologist, pharmacy consult, financial consult and a transplant class.  Then we will have a re-evaluation visit with Dr. Ochoa, my transplant doctor to finalize my plan.  Phew!!!  Look out Tampa, the Sunbergers will be hitting your town.

Quote:

I am going to fight for my life because that's what I want to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment