Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Where ya been?  Good news!

Miss my blogging last night.  Was a very tiring day.  Our day stared at 5 to get ready for an hour drive to Dr. Phillips Hospital.  What a drive.  Traffic, traffic and more traffic.   Had a 3 hour MRI.  Doped myself self up and made it through it.  Actually slept through most of it.  Last 20 minutes were rough.
Was out the rest of the day.

Today we had a consult with Dr. Sarriera.  ALL MY NUMBERS (screaming this) were good.  All of them even though I haven't finished a lot of my cycles.  Dr. was smiling the whole time.  My M protein, platelets, etc, etc, etc.  And Dr. Sarriera says I am ready for a transplant.  And would like it done this year.  Revlimid is one of the drugs that is used for maintenance of Myeloma and since I am allergic to it, a transplant is highly recommended.  There will be another drug to take the place of Revlimid for my maintenance program after the transplant.  Will get this transplant moving and set up asap.  Kristi said I have to cook Thanksgiving dinner.

As far as the tingling and numbness in my fingers and toes, I have neuropathy (nerve damage).   This is being caused by my chemo injection of Velcade.  Dr. has lowered the dosage for the rest of my injections.  This should help.

Ended my good news day by picking up mom for an overnight.  And we decided to have a seafood night.  Crab legs, crab cakes, shrimp (Bloody Mary shrimp by Bill)!  Yummy.

Quote:

There are going to be risks. Trust your doctor!




6 comments:

  1. Kathy, I am so very happy for this news! You are truly a fighter and proof that sustaining a positive attitude even through the bad days has paid off. Keep kicking butt, your almost finished with this journey. I pray for continued blessings and peace as you reach the finish line! You have and deserve a lot of good times ahead of you.

    Oh, I hope you guys enjoyed your seafood dinner.. Sounds yummy, even as I write this at 2 a.m.! LOL. Sleep well����

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER SUPER SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU! Great that you could bring your mom home and she could celebrate with you. Keep the positive thoughts and feelings....that is your strength. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great news. Tiring days though. I want to catch up with you but a very tiring week here. TGIF tomorrow. Joanie

    ReplyDelete