Monday, September 19, 2016

Next steps!

Was a good nights sleep most of the night.  Had a few problems with my leg and arms early this morning.  Neuropathy.

Today I got a call that we have been waiting on regarding my transplant procedure.  A call that made me cry a bit afterwards because it made me feel scared.  Glad Kerri and Mom were here to help me calm down.  Still very anxious inside about it and will be for awhile.

Kelley, the Moffitt transplant coordinator, called to tell me that Dr. Ochoa reviewed my lab results and Dr. Sarriera's notes from our last appointment and concurs with Dr. Sarriera decision to proceed with the stem cell transplant.  Part of the reason to procedure now is because of my neuropathy problems and my allegic reactions to Revlimid (as this is a maintenance drug).  Here are few dates that I know now.  I will start my chemo injections as planned on the 23 of September.  Last one will be 14th of October.  Will be scheduled for 3 days of testing at Moffitt - labs, EKG, bone marrow biopsy, transplant classes etc. Oct 17th, 18th and 19th.  Meet with Dr. Ochoa Oct 25th to review test results and sign forms for permission to proceed.  November 4 - November 8, shots daily to condition cells.  About 2 days later,  removal of cells.  High dose chemo.  Several days later, transplant.  Will be  getting a calendar from Kelley soon spelling all this out for us.  Again, this is something we have been waiting for but even so, it's scary to Bill and I.  We will work through it all but it's okay to be scared for a bit.

Quote:

Cancer is just a chapter in my life not my whole story!










No comments:

Post a Comment